June 20, 2012

Lookbook: Beyond Vintage Dress

Beyond Vintage Dress
Beyond Vintage Dress; Ralph Lauren Zabrina Pumps
Beyond Vintage Dress
Beyond Vintage Dress
Beyond Vintage Dress
Beyond Vintage Dress

I bought this dress from Piperlime last year on a whim and haven't worn it since. At 26" long from the waist, it's supposed to hit just at your calves. But I always found that length to be a bit awkward on me. This year I figured out that I could move the elastic waistband up higher, hence making the dress hit just at my knees. The results? Much better! I think the proportion and silhouette of the dress works well on taller women (especially pear shaped taller women like me!). It elongates the body, but doesn't cut the legs short. It nips in at the smallest point, and then flares out to hide flaws.

**I'll do a post soon about dress lengths on tall women. I'm still looking for a good maxi dress, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

I chose not to accessorize with this dress as I felt that the sparkly gold feather embellishment was enough. I love the simplicity yet sophistication of this look.

Also, this dress is 100%  silk. Luckily it was windy out, otherwise I would have needed a slip. The dress did tend to cling to me.

3 comments:

  1. The dress is absolutely beautiful! Looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you figured out how to wear this dress! The color is to die for!

    ReplyDelete